Brand Management/Marketing Intern
The purpose of this commission-based post is to grow our company's brand (particularly the notoriety of the company CEO) in national and international markets as applicable. This internship is designed to help a talented student (undergraduate or graduate student) further hone their market-ready skills in the following areas: 1) driving growth through the activation of the company and CEO brand in news stories; 2) contribute to brand strategy, team leadership, business analytics, and innovation and 3) working to book gigs and engagements for the company CEO throughout the continental US and abroad.
* Manage and/or create a portfolio of offerings, digital media kits and other key digital collateral
* Identify and prioritize brand and product opportunities based on consumer trends and customer needs - particularly with news media interface, media relations, Facebook ads, Twitter and more - in fact, you need to know all elements of social media inside and out- because we use them all - but probably not to best effect - that's where YOU come in
* Further develops current brand positioning, advertising, pricing and new product strategies as well as the writing of superb quality news releases and pitch letters
* Manage the development and execution of both long range and annual marketing plans to achieve company objectives, as well as managing all follow-up and execution
* Monitor marketplace demands and recommend actions to accelerate growth in key markets
* Works in tandem with the Design Intern to ensure smooth execution of deliverables
* Effectively manage project timelines and cross functional team meetings to ensure flawless execution and a high degree of confidentiality (confidentiality documents are signed upon being brought into the position)
Education: Senior-level students in a prestigious undergraduate communications program or talented graduate students looking to expand their portfolios.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years in marketing management, operations and retail marketing, advertising, sales, trade and consumer promotion, market analysis, market research, budgeting, financial analysis, and strategic and business planning also desired
Required Skills: Critical/analytical/strategic/creative thinking; ability to communicate effectively, organize, and prioritize
Work Structure: Reports to and works closely with the company CEO
Internal: Contact with all functional areas in corporate office and operations facilities to develop systems and plans to drive business. Plan and execute based on an understanding of sales and manufacturing systems, plans and complexities.
External: Primary external contact is with the Customer and third party vendors. Contact with legal counsel on intellectual property and contract issues. Contact with professional peers to stay current on market trends.
Graphic Design Intern
Like to ensure websites stay up-to-date and designed intelligently? Enjoy crafting witty and out-of-the-box logs and campaigns? Feel our company could really use a great social media app?
We agree. And we need you.
For the right person, you will have the opportunity to create lots of designs for your portfolio and you would essentially be taking existing photos (or shooting new ones) and crafting them into intelligent designs. We need PDFs of our training programs that knock the socks off our clients. You'll have plenty of time to design, learn and get free coffee from Keurig here in the office OR you can do a Gimme! run and we'll give you some cash so you can get some air and some great coffee.
Of course, you will need the ability to work well with a small company (there's usually just one of us here full-time and that's the company CEO). You HAVE to have a sense of humor, be well organized, discreet, highly self-motivated and happy to work with limited supervision, regularly. Your communication skills should be stellar, your Adobe Creative Suite abilities should be top-rate and we love anything else you can throw in there like programming, sound editing, film editing and more.
Your day-to-day includes:
- Supporting the CEO in expanding her social media and brand identity consistency
- Websites, eblasts, mobile apps, social media management
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and photoshop
- Interested in finding digital solutions for revenue generation
- Discreet and confidential (you will be expected to sign confidentiality agreements)
- Self motivated
- Able to work at our office and on your own.
This position typically offers either credit hours and/or commission on sales.
- Senior-level design, marketing or brand management student
- Stellar, creative and FUN design talents
- Desire to build market-ready portfolios by working in partnership with the Brand Management Intern