WE HAVE ROOM FOR 100 and are NOW OFFICIALLY SOLD-OUT. LIMITED WAITLIST SEATING. #IthacaIsGrateful
“How the Art of Expressing Gratitude Improves Health, Wealth and Abundance"
A Motivational Talk & Inspirational Retreat with James Brown, President of United Way of Tompkins County and Michelle Courtney Berry on Thurs. Nov 19 from 10 am-12 noon Co-sponsored by the Tompkins County Public Library.
Location: BorgWarner Community Room- Tompkins County Public Library at 101 E. Green Street in Ithaca
Please join us for a deeply moving program and meditative retreat on the art of being thankful and the health benefits of expressing gratitude. Come prepared to be thanked for all you do to make United Way and this community great. Learn more about how "paying it forward" and expressing gratitude can lead to greater levels of happiness, personal abundance, and wellness.
This inaugural program pairs United Way of Tompkins County with area life coach, stress expert, and inspirational speaker Michelle Courtney Berry. Michelle is the former Poet Laureate of Tompkins County and a former Alderperson and Alternate Acting Mayor for the City of Ithaca. She is currently the Principal and CEO of Courtney Consulting Enterprises, LLC. Her company devotes itself to mind, body, and spiritual wellness and has the ambitious goal of "hacking stress at work in less than a generation."
7 REASONS YOU WILL LOVE ATTENDING THIS EVENT:
1) You have an opportunity to thank United Way supporters, agency directors, pacesetters, donors and other community members who support and uphold the mission of United Way of Tompkins County.
2) You can take the GRATITUDE CHALLENGE- a year-long commitment to expressing gratitude (and positive living) year-round.
3) You will have time to learn lessons on the powerful ways to "pay your gratitude" forward.
4) You will find out how to use gratitude as a tool for healing your whole life.
5) You will be able to network across communities, cultures and workplaces to build your GRATITUDE NETWORK from this workshop.
6) You will enjoy positive and inspiration time to unwind and celebrate our gratitude as a community.
7) You will experience a powerful closing ceremony that helps you de-stress before the Holiday Season.
Michelle Courtney Berry, the Principal and CEO of Courtney Consulting Enterprises, LLC is an internationally certified stress management expert, Life Coach, Trainer, Avid Hiking Leader and Usui and Karuna Reiki® Master Teacher. A former member of The City of Ithaca's Common Council (and also its Alternate Acting Mayor), the second Poet Laureate of Tompkins County and winner of three "Best of Ithaca" awards (Best New Common Council Member; Best Legislator and Best Actor/Actress), Michelle is also an internationally-experienced performer, proud mompreneur, hysterical stand-up comic, and an award-winning fiction writer, playwright, poet and transformative motivational speaker who has opened for and shared stages with His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama, Dr. Dorothy Cotton, Dr. Maya Angelou, Mos Def and Howard Zinn. She studies and researches how expressing gratitude contributes not only to mind, body and spiritual wellness but also to profitability, prosperity, and abundance.
United Way of Tompkins County helps people meet their immediate, basic needs while empowering lasting change by strengthening the three building blocks for a good life: education, income, and health.
EDUCATION: Children and youth succeed in school, work and life.
INCOME: Individuals and families have improved financial stability and self-sufficiency.
HEALTH: Children, seniors and adults have improved physical, emotional, and mental well-being.
United Way of Tompkins County's mission, vision, and values serve to guide us in efforts to positively impact the community.
Our mission statement:
To improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of our communities.
Our vision statement:
Working with others we will build an organization that...
- Supports individuals in their efforts to live self-sufficient, productive lives,
- Connects families with their communities,
- Encourages diverse agencies and communities to engage each other to achieve mutual goals,
- Models and expects dignity, fairness, and respect.
Our core values:
- Continuous Improvement